How to Start Your Own Business
30 Years of Experience Distilled into 6 Hours
So you want to start your own business?
I'm all for it. I've been self-employed since 1984. Apart from 3 months in 1992 when I had a real job. (As my mother calls it. She worked for the Navy for most of her life.)
And it's been a helluva blast. Both the ups and the downs. Across four different countries. Starting in SA back in 1984, and then in the UK, and a stint in Spain before ending in Norway.
This course will help you start your venture fast. In just six hours you will know all the good stuff I've learned in 34 years at the small-business coalface. Experience which cost me millions in mistakes. And you'll have a resource to ask questions as your efforts progress.
- You'll see how to start fast, with almost no money, with almost zero risk.
- You'll learn about the pitfalls that kill most businesses.
- You'll scope out the risks to avoid. (That section cost me millions of rands to learn.)
- You'll get a new view of marketing to find the people who will buy what you sell.
- And you'll understand how to sell what you produce. (Whether that's a product, a service, or just plain vanilla advice.)
It's getting harder to find a job. And it's getting harder to keep a job. That makes it essential to know how to start your own gig.
Each of us falls into one of the following categories during our lives:
- Employed full-time. Some might call this a job. I see it as being an entrepreneur with just one client. (We call that one client our employer.) This employer doesn't want us to work for anybody else. That restricts our future.
- Unemployed full-time. We are entrepreneurs with no clients at all. We are free agents. We are full of potential, but with no place to go. This is a great starting point.
- Self-employed. This means that we have more than one client paying our bills. We're entrepreneurs or small business owners. This is the finest place to be. We have in our grasp a lever to unimaginable wealth. We just have to pull that lever. And we have independence.
You will learn how to start your own business in six hours.
- No matter what your current state of employment.
- No matter where you live.
- No matter what you want to do.
- No matter how much money you have.
- No matter how good you were at school...
You will learn the skills you need in every facet of your business life.
School doesn't prepare us to create our own jobs. It prepares us to find jobs. So does University. Their training fits a standard formula. Employers use it to measure how we'll fit the jobs they have.
I faced this when I left school. A bunch of firms wanted said they wanted me. But they could not offer me a job. Their medical aids would not allow diabetics to join. I have diabetes.
I had no option but to start working for myself. What I learned at school was useless for this new role.
Nothing has changed in schools' entrepreneurial curricula since then. You cannot learn the excitement and joy of being the master of your own destiny from people who have safe jobs.
Over the past 23 years I've helped more than 40, 000 people start, run, and safely close their own businesses. That experience can be yours as well.
Join me on this online journey with six hours of lectures covering the key issues. You can attend from anywhere in the world, using any PC, tablet or mobile with a browser. And you can download each lecture to watch when you don't have Internet access.
You can ask as many questions as you want on during your course. About anything related to starting regular (offline) businesses or Internet businesses.
You get lifetime access to the course. All the updates and answers to most commonly asked questions.
If you're not blown away, I will refund every penny.
Peter Carruthers authored the best-selling book in South Africa on surviving business closure. He's guided more than 40,000 small-business owners since his first business closed unexpectedly in 1992.
All his training and consulting has been delivered through the Internet since 2003. During this time he's lived in South Africa, Spain, England, and Norway. (Yeah, he's got massive wanderlust.)